For a hypothetical patient who has the disease you selected, create a socioeconomic profile of your choice.
- What is the level of this patient’s income, education, work experience, and cultural influences?
- How might these socioeconomic factors influence his or her ability to access the necessary healthcare?
- How can the patient engage in self-care practices, such as modifying diet and exercise, and understand the nature of the illness, treatment, and prognosis?
- What healthcare services for this disease does the patient has access to?
Topic 2: Healthcare Profession
Identify the education and training of the healthcare professional you selected to study and answer the following:
- What is the interface between this profession and other healthcare providers?
- Who might their superior be in the healthcare network?
- Who might their peers be? Colleagues? Subordinates?
- What referral patterns might exist for this professional?
Remember this is a high stakes assignment. Review the rubric prior to completion to ensure you have covered all the necessary points.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.
- Post your response to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Submit your answers in a 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document. Support your answers with appropriate examples and research. Cite all references in APA format.
- Name your document SU_HCM2005_W3_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.