This assignment was locked Jan 26 at 11:59pm.
In each of the following, determine which person demonstrates critical thinking and why.
1. a. Tamika writes a research paper, using peer-reviewed journals she found through the college library’s databases.
b. Jenna writes a research paper using Wikipedia and the first five sources that came up when she did a Google search of her topic,
2. a. Jayden always votes a straight ticket because his family has always supported the ___ party.
b. Ethan researches each candidate’s position on the economy, the environment, and education before casting a vote.
3. a. Mia underwent a stomach stapling procedure because she wanted to lose weight fast.
b. After exploring a number of weight-loss programs and discussing weight loss surgery with her doctor, Sofia joined Weight Watchers.
4. a. Lejla hired Ellen to work at the hair salon because they both graduated from the same high school.
b. Lilly hired Margaret to work at the hair salon because Margaret had graduated from a top cosmetology school, had five year’s experience, and provided excellent references.
5. a. Youssef bought an X-phone after reading in Consumer Reports about the various cell phones’ strengths and weaknesses. He also spoke with friends who had cell phones and compared several phones’ features by checking company websites.
b. Eric bought a Y-phone because he enjoyed the humorous television commercials that touted the phone’s features.